Galaxy Forum USA - san Jose, California
"21st Century Education – Get to Know Our Place in the Universe"
An exploratory forum to promote Galaxy Education in the 21st Century.
Awareness and learning about our Milky Way Galaxy and Humanity's place in it, offers a transnational, transcendent focus and dynamic for a 21st Century Renaissance in American and Global Education -- primary and secondary, public and private, university and advanced.
Open to the Public
When: Saturday, 4 July 2009, 9:30am - 11:30pm
Where: The Tech Museum of Innovation (201 South Market Street, San Jose, California)
Who: Open to educators and education advocates, science teachers, students, amateur and professional astronomers and the general public.
RSVP: Call 650-324-3705. Seating is limited.
- Jon Lomberg "The Galaxy Garden of Hawaii: Opportunities for Participation"
- Chris McKay, Ph.D., Planetary Scientist at NASA Ames Research Center: "Human Exploration of the Moon & Mars: To Boldly Stay"
- Steve Durst, Space Age Publishing Company, International Lunar Observatory Association – Founder: "International Lunar Observatory (ILO) Galaxy First Light Imaging Program"
- Yvonne Clearwater, NASA Project Manager and Principal Investigator, NASA Ames Research Center: "New Media Innovation in Galaxy Education"
- Includes a Panel Discussion on advancing and enhancing general science education in USA classrooms
Teacher in Space developments have been a major and constant interest for Space Age Publishing Company and its Space Calendar weekly since 1983-86.
Educator Astronaut Barbara Morgan's dramatic "Galaxy Awareness" presentations in Hilo and Kona, Hawai'i, in January 2008 highlight and point to transformation and empowerment in wide-ranging future educational activity.
More info at 650-324-3705.