Galaxy Forum Hawai‘i 2010 - Waimea
"21st Century Education – Get to Know Our Place in the Universe"
A forum to advance Galaxy Education and Stellar Academics in the 21st Century.
Spend a special evening with Hawaii Island's finest galaxy, space, astronomy and cultural educators and innovators.
When: Thursday, March 18, 2010, 5:30-7:30pm
For Whom: Teachers, educators, astronomers and interested public
Where: Canada France Hawaii Telescope Headquarters, Hawaii Island
Cost: Free admission / RSVP
Please join us for the second Galaxy Forum of 2010. The Galaxy Forum is a series of local community events to promote Galaxy Education in the 21st Century.Speakers:
- Mary Beth Laychak, Education Outreach Specialist, CFHT: “Astronomy and Galaxy Research at Canada France Hawaii Telescope”
- Kimo Pihana, Native Hawaiian Cultural Practitioner: “Hawaiian Culture and Galaxy Education”
- International Lunar Observatory Association (ILOA): “ILO ‘Galaxy Moon’ and Galaxy First Light Imaging Program”
- How can "Getting to Know Our Place in the Universe" inspire, engage and influence the minds of keiki in our classrooms?
- How can we integrate Native Hawaiian culture into 21st Century Galaxy Education?
- How can Galaxy / Astronomy Science and Galaxy Education materials be integrated into the K-12 standards-based education system?
- How can Hawai’i Island educators utilize the world-class resources of science and astronomy on this island?
Please RSVP by at 808-885-3474.